Amaretti

Lazzaroni

A glorious history

According to the legend also reported by the same company Lazzaroni, in 1718 the Cardinal of Milan decided to visit the Sanctuary of the Blessed Virgin of the Miracles in Saronno. In honour of his visit, a young couple prepared a dough based on sugar, bitter almonds and egg white which, made to rise in the oven, was used to create round biscuits that were called Amaretti.

Besides the legend, it was the Lazzaroni family, who moved from Treglio to Saronno at the beginning of the 18th century, to become the flagship of this confectionery specialty: at first in the small family workshop, then on an industrial level thanks to the foundation of D. Lazzaroni & C. 1888. In the section “Lazzaroni in history” there are trivia and details on the traditional lithographed tin boxes.

Latta Città Amaretti 300g

New: the Milan, Rome and Venice tin box

Find out more

Amaretti Dessert 250g

Tradition and convenience

Find out more

Amaretti Latta Window

Tissue paper and sweets in a tin box

Find out more

AMARETTI MINICUBIC TIN 450G

Refined metal box

Find out more

AMARETTI BAG 500G

Goodness in a convenient package

Find out more

Amaretti Small Window Box 65g

Tissue paper and sweets in a medium-size box

Find out more

Amaretti Window Box 200G

Tissue paper and sweets in a large box

Find out more

Amarettini Mignon Tin

Refined metal box, small version

Find out more